Drone Survey & Aerial Mapping Services
Cyclops UAV can deliver intelligent actionable data to empower quick and educated decision making on-site for construction projects. This can be conducted pre, during and post construction phase. Our Drone Survey & Drone Mapping services include integrated software platforms that can assist with various forms of aerial imaging; including vertical/ oblique imaging for a full site overview, digital surface modelling (DSM) and contour mapping for improved planning efficiency. Our ‘how it works’ workflow diagram shows the simple yet effective processes we follow when conducting aerial work.
Drones can form part of the scan to BIM work flow by capturing the as-built environment. The resulting survey data, generally a point cloud, can be processed and imported into various platforms such as AutoCad, Global Mapper & ArcGIS to create an intelligent 3D model. It is possible to achieve high levels of accuracy or even survey grade accuracy by Drone Mapping if the correct tools are used. This is possible through automated way-point flying for complete ground coverage, GSD (ground sampling distances), high resolution sensors and GCP’s (ground control points). We may employ a qualified surveyor for a short period of time to assist with our flight planning should survey grade accuracy be required for a project, this will guarantee the highest levels of quality.
Photographic/Imagery Drone Survey & Drone Mapping Services:-
- Photographic construction phasing for tracking on-going site progress
- Pre-construction phase aerial imaging (land condition assessments)
- Logistical site planning
- Health & Safety assessments
- High resolution imagery/video for on-site quality control/contractor management
- Warranty Inspections for new build projects (imagery & video). Visit our Drone Inspection page for more details on our close proximity aerial inspections
- Imagery for insurance claims or purposes
- Vertical/Oblique aerial imaging for complete site overview
- Site security evaluations
- Enviromental monitoring
- Thermal imagery for heat loss assessments, specific asset evaluations and building requirements
Technical/Photogrammetry Drone Survey & Drone Mapping Services:-
The use of GCP’s (ground control points) and additional equipment may be required for this type of Drone Mapping work, alongside a qualified surveyor for a short period of time on the day. This will ensure the quality and survey grade accuracy of our work, depending on the desired use of the collected data. Please allow a small amount of additional planning time for flights that require this level of accuracy.
- Digital Surface Models (DSM), interactive 3D Modelling and photogrammetry services available for sophisticated site planning
- The resulting survey data can be processed and imported into various platforms such as AutoCad, Global Mapper & ArcGIS to create an intelligent 3D model
- Planning & schedule work surveys (solar panel & pipeline planning)
- Building/constuction planning
- Contour mapping
- Asset planning for pipelines & solar panel installation
- Photogrammetry – measuring surface areas of roofs, buildings, objects etc.
If you would like to discuss our Drone Survey or Drone Mapping services and how they could benefit your projects please contact us.